A pod cast on Humans Behind HR by Sarang Brahme in association with Sourcing ADDA featured Shagun Gupta where she shares her perspective on following a diverse career path. And why she took the road less travelled while applying the principles of Human Resources. And why thinking of ourselves in predetermined roles isn’t the right approach.
Through our exclusive interview we learnt about the wonders of going beyond the traditional career boxes and an evolving role in the recruitment sphere known as Market Intelligence. You will learn what is meant by a T-shaped professional and its various benefits. You will gain insights about what Talent Intelligence as a role involves, the different flavours of skill it showcases and its impact on the business overall.
To become a Market Intelligence sensation there are a few key aspects to consider when embarking upon a similar journey…
• Activate the trait of curiosity buried deep inside you
• Develop the ability of inquisitiveness
• Form an out of the box thinking approach
• Strong knowledge base of statistics and it’s analysis
• Savvy with online data visualising tools
Find out how crucial these abilities are in becoming a Market Intelligence sensation by viewing the podcast on Humans Behind HR - Episode 03 – Shagun Gupta here…
A pod cast on Humans Behind HR by Sarang Brahme in association with Sourcing ADDA featured Arindam Deb, the individual who brings rare talents like gratitude and emotional IQ to the TA industry. He shares his perspective on the impact traits like gratitude and emotional IQ have on potential prospects following through with the offer. Instilling talents like gratitude and emotional IQ is instrumental in boosting your offer to joining ratio twice fold.
Through our exclusive interview we learnt that it was by choice as opposed to chance. It was a choice because it was a fusion between his passion for technology and love of connecting with people that gave him exactly what he desired in his profession. His experience is proof that loving what you do is very much a reality today. And if you share the same interests then a career in Talent Sourcing is the perfect fit for you.
Some key aspects you ought to keep in mind to succeed are mentioned below…
- In a talent war driven market, loving what you do makes all the difference to be a success
- Technology enables but your wisdom and knowledge converts
- Focus on developing a human connection with your prospects
- Understand your prospect’s particular needs to bond with them successfully
- Always have a broader social foot print of your potential prospects
- Avoid discarding rejected talent and utilise them for suitable future openings
Find out more about how effective honing such talents are in achieving Recruitment success by viewing the podcast on Humans Behind HR - Episode 02 – Arindam Deb here…
A pod cast on Humans Behind HR by Sarang Brahme in association with Sourcing ADDA featuring Achyut Menon, the individual who transformed with the evolving industry. He shares his perspective on the rapidly changing Industry and the transformations that were inevitable. Changing the Recruitment landscape we know completely and requiring recruiters to up skill to remain relevant.
Through the exclusive interaction we learnt that during the 80s or 90s the recruitment industry was formally known as Industrial Recruiting and was rapidly evolving. The pace at which it was developing required one to be abreast to avoid being rendered irrelevant very fast so avoiding the change and not adapting wasn’t an option.
Some of the skills that cropped up were…
- The need to adopt and practice the inside out approach in their career
- Learn to trust yourself and heed your instincts and follow them
- Know that there are no shortcuts to learning
- It is absolutely essential to develop the quality of curiosity
- Be prepared to learn, relearn and unlearn
To learn more about the changing stripes of the Recruitment fraternity view the podcast on Humans Behind HR - Episode 01 - Achyut Menon here…